Guess what’s so special about this recipe? Yeah, it is completely oil free and is 100 percent healthy so no more guilty feeling of dumping evening snack. Enjoy as much as you like!!
Serves 3 to 4
- 250g chickpeas (soaked overnight in water)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Parsley/coriander leaves
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup Corn flour/Plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A required amount of salt
1. Rinse the soaked chickpeas in cold water and pressure cook over high heat for up to 4 to 5 whistles. Turn off the flame and wait for pressure to come down.
2. Open the cooker and drain the water and add in the chickpeas to the food processor along with garlic, coriander leaves, cumin, chilli powder, onion and salt. Blend it into course paste.
3. Now transfer it to a large bowl and add in flour and mix well together. Pre heat the oven to 200c.
4. Take a oven proof tray, cover it with aluminum foil and coat with some olive oil. Shape the chickpeas paste into small patties and arrange them on a tray.
5. Pop into oven and set the time for 12 minutes. Now drizzle some olive oil on each patties and let them cook for another 15 mins or so until it is crispy and golden brown in color.
6. Serve it with tahini sauce or hummus.