One thing I love about winter is the colorful festive lights wherever you turn and the Christmas markets!! It’s heavenly feeling when you sip a nice and warm aromatic mulled wine as you wander around those festive streets full of stalls. I’ve always been wanting to prepare my own mulled wine ever since I tried one. I was surprised at myself when it turned out wonderfully well in my first attempt. Here I’m presenting the Mulled Wine recipe for you all to try.
Wish you all a Merry Xmas and happy holidays! Have a fabulous time!!
- 750 ml good quality Red wine
- 1 glass of water
- 150g dark soft brown sugar
- 2 to 3 long cinnamon sticks
- 3 to 4 cloves
- 4 to 5 cardamoms
- 2 no.s star anise
- Orange peel
- 1 small vanilla pod
- Orange Slices(optional)
- Put all the spices, sugar and orange peel in a large sauce pan. Pour over the water and a glass of wine and then place the pan over a low heat. Keep at simmering point for about 10 minutes until the flavors are well blended. Do not forget to stir it occasionally.
- Pour over the remaining wine and bring the mixture just about to boil on a low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Strain the mulled wine and serve it hot to get yourself into the Christmas spirit!!