I’ve always believed in healthy eating, I had never really cared about fitness though. That’s probably because I have always been keeping my weight under check. Now that I have started hitting Gym ( Thanks to my friend Sheeba 🙏 ), I thought I would incorporate some sensible diet for planning our gym regime as well ( ok 😆 I get it, don’t judge me, atleast I try 😋). Therefore, I have started to explore different variety of salads lately. Here is the healthy and low calorie yet yummy colourful lighter meal for your dinner plates!! Happy eating 🥗🥗🥗🍷🥗🥗🥗!!!!
- 100g wholewheat couscous
- Brown/white chickpeas boiled
- Half a cucumber finely chopped
- One medium sized chopped Tomatoes
- One Onion, 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 medium cup boiled sweet corn
- A handful of baby spinach finely chopped
- Half a bunch of chopped coriander leaves
- Jalapenos and olives
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Required salt
- Salad cheese
- For dressing: 6-8 tbsp Olive oil, 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1tsp Mayonnaise/Dijon mustard and half a lemon, salt and pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, add in the couscous, cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika powder and salt. Mix them together and pour the boiling water over the couscous to cover roughly by half a cm. Cover and allow the couscous to swell for 5 minutes.
2. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add all the vegetables, cheese and chickpeas and then give it a good mix.
3. Whisk all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or shake together in a bottle jar. Pour it over to the salad and mix them very well.
4. Serve it with roasted meat/fish or boiled egg.
19 Comments Add yours
Healthy…and looks delicious…