Yoghurt rice – This might probably sound a bit weird to most of you unless you are a fan of Muller yoghurt pots with rice😉 Trust me, you won’t be disappointed when you do try this one out! It’s one of my repetitive recipes just because it’s hardly any effort but packed with nutrients so it’s a no brainer😋 .
I used to make my own boring version of yoghurt rice by mixing rice and yoghurt at equal measure until one of my friends shared some tips on preparing special creamy yoghurt rice. I was blown away when I tried out her recipe as it was absolutely delicious! (Thanks Kanch for your amazing tips😍) So here it is! I hope you guys love it too ☺
- 1 cup boiled rice(a bit overcooked to get the creamy texture)
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp minced garlic and ginger
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup boiled milk
- 1 and a half cup Yoghurt
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- A sprig of curry leaves and coriander leaves( Optional)
- Add butter and warm milk to the rice and mix well together. After 5 minutes add in the Yoghurt to the rice and give it a mix.
- Heat up the oil and add in mustard seeds and wait for it to splutter. Then add in cumin seeds, red chili flakes, curry leaves and ginger/garlic paste
- Stir for a minute and pour the mixture to the rice. Also add in the pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves and give it a thorough mix.
- Serve it with Indian pickle/potato fry to enjoy it to the fullest.