Isnt that romantic sitting by the window having a nice cuppa and enjoying the nature’s beautiful autumn colors on a chilly day😍 ? It will be a perfect indulgent treat when you are offered a delicious snack to accompany your tea. Yeah😎, I am gonna tell you about my secret recipe(cardamom coconut cake) that I ve tried for the first time ever and you know what, it turned out so delicious exactly how I imagined. If you are a fan of coconut and the aroma of cardamom, you must give this a go😊. I am sure that wont let you down. So here you go! Enjoy!
Serves 5 to 7
- 150g self raising flour
- 75g or 100g sugar ( according to Your taste )
- 7 to 8tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp full-fat milk
- 1 cup grated fresh/frozen coconut
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
💁 Preheat oven to 180c. Spray the rectangular loaf tin with oil or butter
💁 In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together using an electric hand blender. Continue this until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Now throw in the eggs one at a time and beat well together.
💁 Now add in the flour, baking powder, milk, vanilla extract and salt, and mix it with wooden spoon until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Finally add coconut and cardamom powder and gently give it a mix.
💁 Pour the mixture into the oil coated rectangular tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Leave it to cool down for 10 minutes.
💁 Remove the cake from the tin and cut into slices. Enjoy it with your evening tea !!
- Interested in knowing about health benefits of coconut? click on the link: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/ingredient-focus-coconut-milk
- Cardamom – It also offers a number of nutritional benefits including essential minerals, Iron, dietary fiber and cancer-fighting compounds. We can also use this as a natural mouth freshener.
- To prepare cardamom powder – blend the cardamom to a fine/coarse powder in a blender and discard the skin if there is any left.