Raita – Indian Yoghurt Salad
Raita is the famous Indian Yoghurt salad that accompanies various main courses such as Biriyani, pulav and curries. Instead of sticking with same old onion or cucumber salad, why not try something different? It would be fun to create a perfect dinner with this fresh accompaniment.
Serves 5 to 6
- 250g natural Yoghurt
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, finely chopped,
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 sprig of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Lemon (juice extract)
- Required amount of salt
1. Whisk Yoghurt in a large bowl to blend. Add all other ingredients and mix well together.
2. Serve chilled as an accompaniment to any main course.