I always love to sneak salmon into my diet because it is rich in nutrients (espescially Omega – 3 fatty acids) that keep skin and hair nourished. Come on, who wouldn’t want the flawless skin and perfect hair we see on supermodels? We can grill, bake or pan-fry salmon, but are you after a delicious salmon recipe? Try out this spicy salmon cake, it’s absolutely mouthwatering and I am sure you are going to fall in love with it, instantly.
Serves – 2
- 2 Salmon fillets about 250g
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 green chillies
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic and ginger, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 Lemon ( Juice extract )
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs or corn flour
- Required amount of salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt
- 1/4 cilantro/coriander leaves
- 1/2 Lemon ( Juice Extract )
- Blend the “For grinding” ingredients together in a food processer.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg and add the salmon masala paste, lemon Juice, lemon zest, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs and salt. Now mix well together.
- Shape into 4 or 5 small patties. Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium heat and fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until crispy and golden brown.
- Get on with prepaing sauce while salmon cake is cooked through.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for “For sauce”. Mix well together and the sauce is ready.
- Serve with yoghurt sauce, lemon wedges and some greens/boiled vegetables.