wondering what it’s like to eat spicy cheesy Lasagna? It’s sort of like stuffing a nectar in your mouth – over the top delicious and insanely good. Come on, Let’s jazz it up with your own choice of seasonings.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 Dried Lasagna Sheets
- 1 tbsp salt
- 400g Tomato Pasta sauce
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 crushed red chillies
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil leaves
- 250g ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 50g mozzarella
- 50g cheddar cheese
- 1 medium egg
- Vegetables(1 Zucchini, 1 red or yellow pepper, 1 Onion) cut into cubes
- Fill a large pan with water and bring it to boil over high heat. Gently slide the Lasagna sheets into boiling water along with a pinch of salt.Cook the sheets for 8 to 10 minutes until it is tender. Stir the sheets frequently to prevent them from sticking together.
- Prepare the sauce meanwhile – Drizzle a little olive oil in a pan over medium heat, now throw in garlic, chili flakes,fennel seeds, mixed herbs, and veggies then sauté for a minute. Add in the pasta sauce along with chili powder, crushed peppers, nutmeg and let it cook for a few minutes. Switch off the flame and add a some fresh basil leaves.
- Preparation of Ricotta mixture – Take a bowl, add in ricotta cheese, Parmesan and egg. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan. Take a glass baking dish and coat with a little olive oil and. Now arrange the layers – spread about 1 cup Lasagna sauce over bottom of the dish. Place 3 Lasagna sheets over the sauce, again top with 1 and a half cups sauce, half of ricotta mixture and then top with half of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the step 4 to form another layer.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil again bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with some fresh basil leaves. Yummy classic Lasagna is ready to serve